This article lists some plugins commonly used by Oxygen users.
Needless to say, not every plugin is needed for every site. But this list should give you a general idea of the recommended plugins if you are using Oxygen for building WordPress sites.
Oxygen or not, this is a neat plugin for adding code snippets that can easily be activated/deactivated that apply everywhere on the backend or frontend etc.
My Custom Functionality
Sooner or later you will be wondering how to load custom assets (like JS and CSS files) in Oxygen.
Since Oxygen disables the theme, the recommended approach to enqueue files is by using a custom functionality plugin.
Insert Headers and Footers
Got code that should be added to your site pages’ head and/or footer like Google Tag Manager or Google Analytics?
You can do that using either of the above two plugins or a plugin built specifically for this purpose.
Built by Gagan and me, this includes a super suite of features bundled into one great modular plugin. A few highlights include undo/redo, copy/move styles from ID to class, cleaning up of unused classes, editor tweaks, reading progress bar, back to top, table of contents, one-click direct editing links to Templates and Pages in the WP toolbar.
Copy any element including a whole Section within the same page or the same site to a totally different Oxygen site. Whaaa? Yes. This plugin gives you some super powers like that. And it adds a right click menu and keyboard shortcuts and some more.
The first plugin to extend Oxygen editor by adding additional components, OxyExtras is a must-have if you want to save time by using ready-made elements like Animated Counters, Off Canvas menus, Alert Boxes, Header Search, Adjacent Posts and Lottie animations. It even has a component that lets you style Fluent Forms visually right inside the builder.
Oxy Ultimate is another plugin that adds additional components in the Oxygen builder like ACF Gallery, Fancy Heading, Gravity Forms Styler.
A very popular plugin that enhances the UI of Oxygen with time-saving tweaks and features.
Microthemer lets you visually edit CSS by point and click. It is like Oxygen’s Selector Detector on steroids.
Has support for Sass, CSS Grid and Oxygen!
Nimbufy is a plugin + service that lets you import entire sections from any webpage into Oxygen while creating the elements like divs and links in Oxygen’s structure.
Oxygen Theme Enabler
Makes it possible to use the active WordPress theme when Oxygen is active. I spent about a week building this.
We can set pages to be rendered using Oxygen or the active theme on most of the site’s pages while using the other on select pages.
Oxy Transfer Pro
Lets you export and import Oxygen’s Templates, Pages, Design Sets and Oxygen Blocks as zip files.
All-in-One WP Migration
There has not been a single time in the last 2 years of me using Oxygen when this plugin has failed me when I wanted to restore a copy of a WordPress site to another location. Just remember to re-sign the shortcodes and regenerate CSS cache after migration.
There is not a week without someone asking which is the best forms plugin in the Oxygen Facebook group.
Fluent Forms is a rapidly evolving WordPress forms plugin that is lightweight, feature-rich and comes with good documentation and support.
In addition to the above, there are several plugins built specifically for Oxygen.
Let’s take a look at these.
by David Browne
- Woo Conditions for Oxygen – adds Woocommerce-focused conditions.
- Oxygen Mobile Sub Menu – allows you to add sub menu toggle functionality.
- ACF-Local-JSON – lets us use Local JSON with ACF Pro without using a theme.
- Oxygen EDD Template Support – allows Easy Digital Downloads template/shortcode customization without needing a theme to store the files.
- Oxygen RCP Template Support – allows Restrict Content Pro template customization without needing a theme.
- Oxygen No JS – allows Oxygen users to more easily make sites accessible to site visitors without JS enabled.
- Oxygen Block Lab Support – allows creation of Block Lab block template without using a theme.
by David Decker
- Toolbar Extras for Oxygen – adds Oxygen-specific admin links to your Toolbar.
by Fadlul Alim
- Oxygen Repeater Fix – fixes duplicated IDs generated by Oxygen Repeater
by Gagan S Goraya
- Oxygen-checkpoints – lets you create checkpoints of your Oxygen state in the builder and revert to any checkpoint anytime.
by Marko Krstic
- Oxygens Swiss Knife – helps optimize WordPress and Oxygen.
by Michaël Thomas aka SupaMike
- Load Oxygen Locally – includes files that Oxygen loads from the Internet so Oxygen can be used without net connection.
by Sridhar Katakam
- WPDevDesign – Oxygen – Browser Detect – uses Browser.php for a new Browser condition using which elements in Oxygen can be set to be output conditionally depending on the visitor’s browser.
- WPDevDesign – Oxygen – Rank Math Integration – enables Rank Math to parse text incl. alt tags of images inside the Oxygen editor for Pages and Posts.
- WPDevDesign – Oxygen – Essentials – enables HTML5 support for elements like the search form and adds some essential CSS – for example, to make all the images responsive when using the Oxygen visual site builder.
- Oxygen Responsive Menu – combines Superfish + StudioPress’ ResponsiveMenus.js + CSS-animated hamburger for a responsive menu.
- Back to Oxygen Templates – adds
Pagesmenu items under “Back to WP” menu in Oxygen.
- Oxygen Tree Opener – automatically opens the Structure (DOM tree) panel when the Oxygen’s editor is launched.
- Oxygen Sass – a companion plugin to WP-SCSS for working with Sass (.scss format) in Oxygen.
- Oxygen Sidebar Toggler – lets us hide and show the left sidebar controls in the Oxygen UI.
- Oxygen Editor Links – provides 1-click access to Frontend, Admin, Settings, Stylesheets and Selectors in Oxygen.
- WPDevDesign Oxygen Yoast SEO – includes WordPress content in Yoast’s SEO analsysis when using Oxygen.
- Live Editor Pro for Oxygen – click-to-edit on the front end.
by Wade Koehn
- Agency Base Plugin – Agency Tools for Oxygen Builder
If there are any that we have missed, do share in the comments or in our Facebook group.